Other Contacts

Prior to applying for a Building Permit the Regional District cautions that the applicant should check to ensure that the applicant is not in violation of any other RDOS regulations, Commission Order, Provincial Legislation or Statute.

BC Building Code

The Building Code is available on-line or copies can be obtained by contacting Crown Publications Inc., 521 Fort Street, Victoria, B.C. V8W 1E7
Telephone: 250-386-4636 Fax: 250-386-0221
Website: www.crownpub.bc.ca

For Septic Regulation Information

Interior Health Protection (Septic & Water)

3090 Skaha Lake Road, Penticton, B.C. V2A 3G6
Telephone: 250-770-5540 Fax: 250-770-5541


Ministry of Transportation

Penticton office - by appointment only
Telephone: 250-712-3660

See guidelines for construction of a safe access: www.gov.bc.ca/tran

BC Assessment Authority

#300-1631 Dickson Ave. Kelowna, BC
Telephone: 1-866-825-8322
Website: http://www.bcassessment.ca/Pages/default.aspx 

Technical Safety BC (electrical/gas/boiler/elevating devices)

Toll Free: 1-866-566-7233 (7am - 8pm)
Email: info@safetyauthority.ca   Website: http://www.safetyauthority.ca/

BC Housing - New Home Licensing

Telephone: 604-646-7050, Toll-free: 1-800-407-7757
Fax: 604-646-7051
E-mail: hpo@hpo.bc.ca
Website: www.hpo.bc.ca

Plot Plan / Survey Plan / Title Search / Document (covenant, easement, right of way) Search

Service BC/Government Agent & BC Assessment offices are no longer providing these services to the public.

In order to obtain a plot or survey plan or a title search or get a covenant/ easement/ right of way for a property, your options are:

  • use a Registry Agent Company;

  • real estate professionals such as lawyers, notaries, land surveyors or real estate agents;

  • contact the Land Titles Office in Kamloops via Enquiry BC 1-800-663-7867;

  • or by creating your own account with the BC Land Title & Survey Authority (LTSA). Access LTSA through their web-site at www.ltsa.ca/cms/general-public.

You will need the Parcel Identifier Number (PID) or complete legal description of the property to proceed.  A street or civic address is not enough.  You can obtain a property PID number from the RDOS website (www.rdos.bc.ca) under Parcel Mapping or by contacting a staff member.