EOC Update: Evacuation Alert issued for Electoral Area H (Coalmont, Tulameen)News Article
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen Emergency Operations Centre (RDOS EOC) has issued an Evacuation Alert for properties in Electoral Area H within the communities of Coalmont and Tulameen.
View the Evacuation Alert.
Due to increased erosion of floodworks on the Tulameen River, particularly between Tulameen River Road and Coalmont, the province is undertaking works to repair Shatford Dyke. On that assessment, Emergency Management BC (EMBC) has approved an Expense Authorization Request to complete the works and the Ministry of Forests has approved the works in the river. The works are expected to be complete by the end of next week.
The RDOS EOC continues to monitor water levels across the region. Sand and sandbags are available at the locations and listed below and on the interactive map. An informational video on how to prepare sandbags is available, along with more preparedness tips at https://emergency.rdos.bc.ca
- Keremeos (1st Avenue and Highway 3A)
- Oliver Fire Department (369 Similkameen Avenue)
- Ollala (1st Street and Main Street)
- Ollala (5th Street and Main Street)
- Electoral Area ” - Chuchuwayha Hall (5771 Highway 3)
- Coalmont Firehall
- Lower Similkameen Indian Band (LSIB) at Chopaka Bridge
- Princeton Firehall (174 Penryn Road)
- Tulameen Firehall (132 1st Street)
- Okanagan Falls (1141 Cedar Street)
- Naramata Fire Hall (1095 Lower Debeck Road)
Voyent Alert! notifications
Click here to register for routine and emergency notifications via email, text, or telephone.
You can also find a link to Voyent Alert! on the RDOS website: www.rdos.bc.ca
For further information, please call the EOC Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm at 250-490-4225. If you would like to leave a message, the EOC phone is being monitored and your call will be returned as soon as possible. In the case of an emergency, please call 9-1-1.
Issued by EOC Director