Facilities & Amenities
Keremeos – Similkameen
Similkameen Recreation Centre
This facility offers year-round opportunities for recreational activity and sports. It includes:
- Bowling: 5-pin bowling lanes with digital scoring
- Two Level Gym: cardio & strength equipment, free weights, stretching area
- Squash & Racquetball Courts
- Indoor Climbing Wall
- Outdoor Ice Rink (open seasonally)
- Outdoor Dry Slab Spring to Fall: Pickleball court, Lacrosse and Futsal
- Outdoor Pool (open seasonally)
- Multi-Use Court
- Indoor Basketball Net
311 9 St., Keremeos
Follow us on Facebook
Affordable and fun 5-pin bowling with a digital scoring system in Keremeos at the Similkameen Recreation Centre. Great for birthday parties, family functions and group activities. Join the league or drop in.
This two-level gym inside the Similkameen Recreation Centre, in Keremeos, offers a range of cardio and strength equipment, free weights, and stretching areas.
This is a largely unstaffed gym and office hours vary so call to arrange a pass purchase at 250-499-2400
- Access from 5 am - 11 pm, 7 days a week and accessibly with an electronic pass purchased at reception
- Two levels, multiuse court, basketball net (bring your own ball) and a squash court
- Shower facilities being added in summer 2022
311 9 St., Keremeos
Similkameen Indoor Climbing
Located within the Similkameen Recreation Centre at 311 9th Street. Keremeos
This indoor wall consists of four faces and belay climbing only – no bouldering
For experienced climbers we have a club and for the less experienced we offer some drop-in and private rentals.
Climbing wall Club
- For all experienced belay climbers!
- Just a few simple steps gets you access to the wall
- How to join
- Become an approved club member by taking a belay exam at the Rec Centre - $10
- Exam includes: communication code, BUS belay process, harness, figure 8 knot and 3 test climbs
- Complete a waiver & sign you have read and understand the rules
- Buy a gym pass or pay drop-in
- Email email@example.com if you are interested in joining
- Key details
- Club members get access from 5am - 11pm seven days a week with a gym pass or they can pay a drop-in fee each visit
- Nonmembers are NOT allowed in the wall with members
- Minimum age is 14
- An adult 19 or older must be present at all times
- Belay test will be done annually for all members
- Wall can be booked and bookings take priority
Other climbing wall options
- We will continue to offer public drop-in as and when we can – contact us for spring/summer options
- Private rentals are subject to availability
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250.499.2400 for more information
This fitness space provides a pleasant and relaxed environment for a variety of programs. It’s well equipped and caters to persons of all ages and fitness levels. Visit our Events Booking page for information about booking this facility.
1134 Cedar Street, Okanagan Falls
Okanagan Falls Recreation Centre (School)
The elementary school doubles as a recreation centre on weekends and evenings. A commercial kitchen is also available.
1141 Cedar Street, Okanagan Falls
Kaleden Community Hall
The hall is a self-managed facility available for rental for birthday parties, wedding receptions, family reunions, sports programs or other special events. It can accommodate up to 200 people, with a community kitchen. Tables and chairs, dishes a sound system and other resources are provided. Find out more on our Event Bookings page.
320 Lakehill Road, Kaleden
Bud Butler Equestrian Area
The Bud Butler Equestrian Area is located at the west end of Selby Park in West Bench. This community facility is owned by the RDOS and available to community members for use.
Please do not ride or walk your horse across the park grass. Go up the road at the south end and either enter their or take the path through the trees to the north entrance.
Book an Event
Would you like to book one of our facilities for an upcoming event? Visit our Event Bookings page for details.