Festivals & Events Toolkit
This toolkit is designed for festivals and events in the RDOS to use for setting up and maintaining successful waste diversion programs. It is intended for event organizers, conference coordinators, green teams, local governments, and concerned citizens.
Watch the video, Recycling Toolkit for Festival and Events (click and then view under the heading Videos). This video will go over the How-to Guide.
The How-to Guide (previewed below) will help you to understand the benefits of waste reduction, and provides guidance and checklists for before, during, and after your event.
The resources referred to within the How-to Guide are found below.
Getting a Waste Collector
Set Up For the Event
- Green Team starter kit
- Volunteer role document
- Vendor feedback form
- Volunteer/event participant survey
- Sample media release
- How to conduct a visual waste audit
- Waste audit data collection sheet
- Waste audit data collection sheet – completed example
- Signage and colour scheme best practices
- Recycling sign EXAMPLES (with icons)
- Recycling sign EXAMPLES (with photographs)
Video and Workshop Presentation
- Recycling Toolkit for Festivals and Events (click and view video, posted under heading Videos)
- Workshop Presentation on Festivals and Events
- Workshop Recommendations Festivals and Events