Current Initiatives and Projects
Regional Walking Strategy
- Regional Walk and Roll Week May 6th-13th - Celebrating all forms of walking and reaching 150 mins of moderate physical activity weekly.
- Nordic Walking training program April 21st in Ok Falls - RDOS will supply training for 2-3 community champions that will continuously promote and instruct Nordic Walking.
First Nations Engagement Strategy
- Building bridges between school districts and Indian Bands located around the Regional District
- Regional Xplore it Dayz
- ISPARC collaboration
Child and Youth Engagement Strategy
- FMS training March 9th for coaches and youth exploring a career in recreation and sport.
- Explore it Dayz - Partnered with Pacific Sport
- Use of school facilities in summer and after school hours
Older Adult Initiative
- Mentorship programs - Older Adults can share their expertise in programs such as cooking/reading/gardening
- Fitness after 55
- Finding a way to reach and market to Older Adults
- Walk and Talk for your life - UBC-O Med
Physical Activity Assessments
- How do you PLAY in the Region!? Follow the link to complete a physical activity survey and help RDOS PLAY enhance Recreation in your community. http://www.rdos.bc.ca/recsurvey
Training and Leadership
- Functional Motor Skills - TBA
- Appetite to Play - May 27th
- Nordic Walking Trainer and participant workshops - April 21st and May6th - 13th
- Walk and Talk for your Life - April 29th
- Dance Play
- Funcational Motor Skills
- High Five
Please Contact our Regional Coordinator Amanda Murai at email@example.com or 250-488-0260 to learn more on how to registrar.